Sunday, February 13, 2005

CBP: Miami

Overheard:

"Ok, call CBP and meet me at the pier."

What I thought I heard:

"YOU call CBP, I'LL meet you there." *

Who:

David Caruso's Horatio Caine, in a recent CSI: Miami, "One Night Stand."

Follow-Up:

I thought life was good enough when Charmed introduced a DHS character

(Overheard:
"I'm from the Department of Homeland Security."
"Oh yeah? Which agency?"
"The classified one."
AWESOME**)

but life just got a little better. Not only did CSI: Miami invoke the help of CBP at the Port of Miami and use gamma ray technology to uncover counterfeit cash, but they used our whole name, and correct acronym, and CBP uniforms.*** They did show a bizarre Customs seal which was incorrect in two respects: (1) we don't have our own seal, and (2) if we did have one, it wouldn't look like this, but I'll take what I can get.

Only the technology, not CBP itself, made the summary on CSI: Miami's episode recap, but I guess you can't ask for too much.

The line only could have been improved upon if Horatio looked pensively into the distance and put his sunglasses on while giving CBP the shout-out.

* I kind of like what I thought I heard better. It's much more dramatic, and gets the same point across.
** Kyle the covert "DHS Agent" ended up just being after the Avatars, which he mistakenly believed to have killed his parents. Though Customs was involved when Kyle's parents unknowingly imported the Avatar Vanquishing Potion, it wasn't very official-like. I think the Customs guys were in khakis.

*** Accessories are very important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home