Real World: RRB 4.4-B
Overheard:
"I can barely handle sandwiches."
Oh, Erica:
You know how when you get to know people well, they stop being polite and start getting real? Or, at least, quirky? Yeah. I was expressing to a group of co-workers that I didn't like eating chicken wings,* because it necessarily entails putting bones and tendons and other really gross stuff in your mouth and chewing on it, with very little result. Really, I'm gagging just typing about it.
Nothing has polarized people I categorize in large part as "normal eaters" than chicken on the bone. Now-former-coworker Erica chimed in, and backed me up. She doesn't like eating meat on the bone either. But then she jumped. She revealed that, more uniquely, she doesn't like "eating things bigger than your mouth, you know?" Sure. She doesn't like biting. We've all got our quirks.
* It was in context, I swear.

3 Comments:
i like reading your stuff because you're living in dc (my hometown) and because you're young (and i'm not...LOL)
LOL....
people give me crap about using a knife to eat beef ribs.
i just hate getting that stuff all stuck up in my teeth, and a mess all over my face.
sometimes you can get stuff that just comes right off the bone, and that's not so bad.
i will eat chicken off the bone...
hhmmm.....
what about pizza?
that doesn't usually fit into your mouth in one bite...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home