Saturday, July 02, 2005

Pocket full of ... white chocolate... (ew, gooey!)

Overheard:

"It's like someone told Superman, "Hey! There's this red kryptonite that makes you stronger!"

Who and What:

Alex, to me and my officemate, on WHITE chocolate. Which, we've all been informed, is not *actually* chocolate, it's just sugar. Alex is allergic to cocoa. Poor guy. But the recent surge in white-chocolate-coated stuff all but nullifies the allergy. Studies of Hershey's website* reveal that White KitKats and White Reese's PB Cups are here to stay. White Hershey Bars with Almonds are limited edition, but it looks like the white chocolate craze may not be as short-lived as Hawaiian Punch's Rainbow-of-Punch attempt.**

* The yummiest study of all times.

** Um, whoops, that's apparently still a craze, somewhere. Click through that link, and look past the creepiness, to "Product Info," "Product Line." I have no idea where they sell six colors of Hawaiian Punch, both in 20-oz bottles and 2-liter bottles, but it's not where I live. Who needs six colors of Hawaiian Punch?? Thinking about it, they are probably sold at Indiana Wal-Marts, officially the last place in the world I can locate my hair mousse, Salon Selectives "Get in Shape."

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger furcafe said...

If they haven't done it already, they should bring back Hawaiian Punch & Hi-C in the big quart cans w/lead soldering (OK, maybe just some lead-like metallic flavoring). That would help bring me & others of my generation a bit closer to reliving 4th grade (along w/adult-size Toughskins &, I can dream can't I?, bicycles w/banana seats).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home